Menopause and Orgasmic Disorder

>> Friday, August 19, 2011

Bookmark and Share
Every day, there are at least 2 or 3 menopausal women who come looking for help for the miserable symptoms and because their sex drive has disappeared. "Dr. Boyd, we used to have such a happy sex life, and now I don't care if I ever have sex again." "I don't know what's wrong with me. I told him we can stay married, but he just needs to find someone else to have sex with." "It's like I'm numb down there, and I either can't climax or it takes so long, I just give up trying. Is this the end of my sex life? I mean am I going to feel like this forever?"

Research on menopause shows that there are over 30 symptoms and that it is one of the most difficult times for women to go through. Unfortunately, there is so much conflicting evidence dealing with treatment of menopause and use of hormones that it has many women confused about what to do to feel better. Some women have even turned to using herbs to treat menopause symptoms & hormone replacement therapy that their own ovaries are failing to make. I'm sure if your thyroid failed, you wouldn't use herbs to take care of it, you would likely see your doctor for thyroid hormone.

Menopause can't be blamed for everything as female orgasmic disorder. It also can come from depression or anxiety and physical problems that could come from a history of abuse or trauma. Of course, just like we've seen in men, medication can also play a role, the most common would be blood pressure medication and the SSRI's (Selective Seratonin Reuptake Inhibitors). Infrequency of sex as we get older can also be a cause of inability to climax, as the saying goes; if you don't use it, you'll lose it. So, practice can make perfect in this case. We are not born knowing how to have sex, and masturbation can be helpful as it keeps your body in practice when you don't have a partner to share with.

There are many health benefits to an active sex life, and we will talk about this next week.



blog comments powered by Disqus

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP