Relieving Vaginal Discharge Issues

>> Thursday, July 9, 2015

Bookmark and Share
Hello everyone, it’s been a great week and I trust all of you feel the same. I have had many of you writing in because you are struggling with an increase in vaginal discharge that sometimes itches but mostly has an odor that won’t go away no matter how often you shower.

Mandy wrote in worried about just that problem:

“Dear KnowYourV, I really don’t know if you can help me or not. I am 26 years old and I have had a discharge for about 6 months now that comes and goes. I know having some discharge is normal, but this is so much more than what I normally have that when it’s there I have to use a tampon or a pad all the time. Then when I take the tampon out there is a terrible odor. I’m so worried because it never gets better no matter how many times I bathe or shower. I’m concerned I have something really serious like a cyst or cancer or a serious STD that could make me infertile. I have been to my primary care doctor who gave me some pills that only helped for a week or so. I hope you can help me, I’m really worried. Thank you, in advance, for your help.”

Vaginal odor can be a very difficult thing to deal with, especially when it keeps reoccurring for no known reason. It is a good idea to make an appointment with a gynecologist when you have an ongoing problem like this. Your doctor can send you for an ultrasound to make sure your uterus and ovaries are normal and that there are no polyps or cysts present that could be causing abnormal discharge. At the same visit vaginal cultures can be done to insure that you do not have an STD or other infection.

Cancer is very rare in someone as young as you; if you have an updated pap smear that is negative and the ultrasound was also negative, you can breathe a sigh of relief.

Most of the time women end up trying many different products, including douching, to try to get rid of the odor. Some of these products may help for a few days (just as the “pills” you were prescribed by your Gynecologist) but the odor always returns. The vagina is self-cleaning and should maintain a healthy pH level on its own. A healthy pH level prevents the growth of yeast and unwanted bacteria. But anything that disrupts this pH can disrupt the self-cleaning. Semen and menstrual period blood can cause a rise in the vaginal pH, resulting in recurrent bacterial infections and ODOR. This cycle can go on and on. Uuugh!! It makes you feel like everyone else can smell what you smell as you walk by them. Not to mention sex, who wants him down there when it smells like that?

Well, lucky for all of us, bacterial infections are not dangerous and they are treatable, and have never been shown to cause problems with infertility (other than avoiding sex because of odor problem - LOL). But seriously, your doctor can prescribe an antibiotic pill or gel to eliminate the infection.

If the odor remains, which it may, after the infection has cleared up DON’T DOUCHE!!! Over the counter douches are dangerous. However, there is a product out there now that goes a step farther: WaterWorks Feminine Cleansing System. The reason it is so awesome is that it is FDA cleared for eliminating vaginal odor and it is chemical free. And it uses plain tap water from your shower and doesn't use soaps or harsh chemicals of any kind. WaterWorks is the only feminine cleansing system with the patented stainless steel nozzle that reacts with the water and eliminates odor from your vagina.

The best part is that it’s completely reusable and can be used every day (or less, it can be used as often as needed) to clean the vagina. All parts are made of sturdy materials that are easily cleaned for the next use. When I first learned about it I could hardly believe it, but many of my patients, personal friends and even I have used it and can testify that it truly works. I know so many of you who have struggled for years (or maybe only 6 months like Mandy) trying everything over and over, and I want you to know WaterWorks is what you’ve been looking for.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP